Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Quotes about Love

Quotes about Love

February 24, 2010 at 8:17 pm
These are all quotes I came across in the nearly 8 months I was separated from my best friend, my husband, in 2007. Knowing his love was steady and sure and ever-growing all the while was an immense comfort. I think I like the first quote best because, even though it isn't about lovers, it is about best friends, and when you have someone who is both that's even better.

I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can play together all night.
~Hobbes, from Calvin & Hobbes

The love of the older and disciplined heart is as coals, deep-burning, unquenchable.
~Henry Ward Beecher

The most desired gift of love is not diamonds or roses or chocolate. It is focused attention.
~Rick Warren

We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh.
~Agnes Repplier

One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.
~Sophocles

The more I give to thee, the more I have...
~Shakespeare

It is the true season of love
when we know that
we alone can love;
that no one could ever have loved before us
and that no one
will ever love in the same way
after us.
~Goethe

But love...is more than three words mumbled before bedtime. Love is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for each other every day.
~Nicholas Sparks

We are told that people stay in love because of chemistry, or because they remain intrigue with each other, because of many kindnesses, because of luck. But part of it has got to be forgiveness and gratefulness.
~Ellen Goodman



"I love my husband! AML&LFYFE
My favoritest and best friend ever! My man, My hero. We are no longer two but are one. " <3 div="">

No comments: