Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Parental Alienation

This was originally posted on facebook
May 19, 2009 at 1:09 pm
"Parental Alienation"...is any behavior by a parent, a child's mother or father [or other relatives/caregivers], whether conscious or unconscious, that could create alienation in the relationship between a child and the other parent. Parental alienation can be mild and temporary or extreme and ongoing. Most researchers believe that any alienation of a child against (the child's) other parent is harmful to the child and to the target parent. Extreme, obsessive, and ongoing parental alienation can cause terrible psychological damage to children extending well into adulthood. Parental Alienation focuses on the alienating parents behavior as opposed to the alienated parent's and alienated children's conditions." Some videos describing PAS.
This is what is happening to my children. Their "caregivers" are deliberately alienating them from my husband and myself. They don't understand the emotional harm they are causing my children.

I never did this to my children regarding my ex. I knew that it was important for them to continue to love and respect their father and have a relationship with him, no matter what had happened. Until they were torn away from me, they were very happy, stable children, even though they no longer had both parents in the same home. And my husband never tried to take their Daddy's place in their hearts, and simply loved and cared for them as his own. And they loved and respected him, too.

My children have no way to grasp what is going on and understand it, especially the younger children. I'm not allowed to talk to them about anything of real value. My position as Mommy has been terminated in actuality, even if not in a legal sense. My teenage sons don't want to even talk to me. My oldest seems to have forgotten that he at one time felt that way about his father, but he was encouraged to talk to him, to see him, and now they have a wonderful relationship. I know he's grateful for it.

How can anyone, especially so-called Christians, think any of this is good? In over 2 years, nobody has been able to answer (or even attempted to answer) my question: How can you justify your attitude and actions with Scripture? (towards keeping my children from me).

See next note for a copy of my recent Declaration/Affidavit I filed in my cases.

No comments: