Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My new glasses

Here is me and my little red-haired twin. My girls didn't even notice my new glasses that day. It was a short visit, though, and unexpected. I guess they really aren't a LOT different from my old ones, but they are smaller. I'm still getting used to them. (The glasses, not my girls!)


I attempted to color my hair purple. It was pretty successful...on the roots/grey hair anyway. I might try it again sometime, maybe a different color. But that isn't the point of this quick post; my new glasses are. I did get them at Costco. Inexpensive and good quality. I had actually picked out a different frame, and was waiting my turn when I started looking at the frames in the glass case/counter. As soon as I tried these on, we all (me, Mark, and the lady assisting me) knew THIS was the pair for me. This is the first time in my life that my eyes haven't had the same prescription. That took a little getting used to. But the last two times I've got new prescriptions, they have actually improved! Now that I'm in my 40s, I don't know how long that trend will last, but I'm happy for it anyway! Could be that I take them off whenever I don't really need them, like for reading or sitting at the computer.

No comments: